Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ACT] What shows have you been watching?
(12-01-2022, 09:04 AM)Kersus Wrote:
(11-28-2022, 01:25 AM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote: "Andor"

What do you think of it so far? I'm mostly bored but it's nice to have something pedantic sometimes to drone in the background or fall asleep to. Like Rings of Power or that Game of Thrones prelude. Or Dollface, which is actually sorta charming after awhile.

Best Star Wars show/movie in decades. Better than The Clone Wars, and I liked The Clone Wars. It's up there with Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back (the original cuts, not the re-release/re-edit garbage). (And it's about more than Han Solo shot first.) (On a different forum at the time of the re-releases, a woman posted that Lucas said that these were his original vision for the movies and that it took this long for technology to catch up, and she was having a hard time coming to the realization that the visionary who played such a significant role in forming who she would come to be as an adult was just a hack.)

If I had to rank my top 5 Star Wars,
1) Star Wars - The one that started it all. A simple, straight-forward story of Good vs. Evil done well.
2) The Empire Strikes Back - Not so simple or straight-forward, anymore, but still done very well. It's a better film than Star Wars, but because of it depends on the first movie, it comes in second.
3) Andor - Yes, above The Return of the Jedi. No fan service. No pandering. Great storytelling, three-dimensional characters, beautiful cinematography, character arcs that make sense . . ..
4) The Bad Batch - Because I'm a big softy. Might change with season 2.
5) The Clone Wars - Best portrayal of Anakin. In the second prequel we learned that Anakin and Obi-wan were good friends. Because they said they were good friends. In The Clone Wars we learned that Anakin and Obi-wan were good friends. Because we were shown that they were good friends.

Preemptive rebuttals:
The Return of the Jedi - A half decent movie -- the first half. And that's a bit sullied with how is Luke now a Jedi? Also, ewoks can burn in a fire.

Rogue One - So what if it answered the question of how the plans of the Death Star were obtained? It wasn't a question I ever asked and it wasn't a story that needed to be told. "But it corrected the exhaust port plot-hole." Who cares? I never had a problem with a space station the size of a moon built by galactic bureaucracy (likely with slave labor) having a critical flaw in its design. Hell, Sherman tanks were built by a USA-sized bureaucracy and are small enough that if they were meteors, they'd vaporize upon entering an atmosphere, and those things were deathtraps. No exhaust port needed. Rogue One is a crappy movie where the only character with anything resembling an arc is the the frickin' droid, and it was programmed that way.

The Mandalorian - I liked it but it was too uneven and too fan-service-y in the later episodes.

Legos Star Wars - Never seen any.
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade

Messages In This Thread
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 04-15-2014, 10:52 AM
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 04-16-2014, 10:00 AM
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 06-09-2014, 02:43 AM
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 07-11-2014, 01:24 PM
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 11-17-2014, 10:50 AM
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 03-01-2015, 09:49 AM
RE: [ACT] What shows have you been watching? - by Oedipussy Rex - 12-02-2022, 08:06 AM