Poll: which is the most important?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
good GM
33.33%
1 33.33%
good group of players
33.33%
1 33.33%
good system (mechanics)
0%
0 0%
good adventure
0%
0 0%
good ambiance
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DT] The Most Important Thing
Which is the most important thing in order for a PnP RPG session to be fun?
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
Went with ambiance. By which I do not mean the lighting and scented candles, but that everyone involved enjoy being there and each other, or at least enjoy the interactions with each other.

<edited to remove rambling blather>
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
(05-22-2014, 03:32 AM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote: Went with ambiance. By which I do not mean the lighting and scented candles, but that everyone involved enjoy being there and each other, or at least enjoy the interactions with each other.
Yes. So essentially the basic interactions of the group? I should have added something like that. My group of closest friends creates quite a dynamic playing group as they each have very distinct styles and strengths. As well they pick on each other and support each other all at the same time which leaves even the darkest adventures in bouts of laughter. The big weakness is living so far apart and not really having the time to game and me as their GM. I've really lost a few steps over the last few years as a GM. Sad
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
I voted for good Players, any game can be ruined by a group of utter twits. (That includes the GM, but a GM is only a fraction of the Player population so I sided with the majority.)

Everything else is window dressing. A crappy game can be played well or glossed over, even if the mechanics or the adventures are bad. Ambience can be cast aside, not just because I spell it from the Queen's English, but mainly if you're playing aboard ship, a foxhole, a mess tent, or in prison. Thus you you have a captive audience.
Tracy Johnson

BT

NNNN