Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Dead, Yet
Yowch. I've grated my fingers once or twice, but this sounds way more painful Sad
"Hey, I can get a good deal on flights to and from Paris! Let's take a trip and do touristy shit in the middle of a goddamned global fucking pandemic."

Of course, I had no say in the matter. I just got to take care of two dogs and five cats between two households. And Grrl, of course, but complaining about taking care of your child is like complaining about taking care of your, um, child. No, no complaints there. Nothing but pure, unadulterated canine joy.

So when they got back, did I get a lousy t-shirt? No. Did I get a bag of flaky, buttery croissants? No. Did I get some over-priced knick-knack from the gift shop at the Louvre? No-- Well, yes. It's pretty nice actuall- SHUT UP. It doesn't matter. What matters is that I got covid. That's what they brought back for me: covid. The day after getting back four of the six tested positive and three days after that, so did I.

I've taken the vaccine and gotten the boosters, but with 73 comorbidities that "yet" is looming imminent.
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
So I'm one of the poor bastards for whom covid takes away their sense of taste. Just shoot me. Life no longer has any worth or meaning.

It's been even harder on Grrl, who always had more energy than I did, and now I can't play with her for a full minute before exhausting myself.
Ack, feel better man!
Been feeling a bit better so I decided to actually cook something instead of defrosting leftovers. You know, cook a batch of chili, freeze the leftovers, and get three meal out of it, that kind of thing. We've been eating a lot of leftovers, lately. Anyway, chicken breast, baked potato, and salad, and I'll be damned if the chicken didn't taste like chicken. Granted, the potato and salad also tasted like chicken, but there you are.

Also, Grrl is much happier now that I'm not spending 12+ hours in bed every day.
Ugh, this is when busybody mommying neighbors would come in handy Smile
Feel better and good for Grrl!