Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracy's HackMoor Campaign 2016/06/06
Games are on Monday night sometime after 5:30PM at World's Best Comics, 9714 Warwick Blvd Newport News, Virginia 23601.

I forgot what Pizza we had.  We also skipped the previous week due to a heath issue.

++++ START OF SESSION ++++

If you recall several weeks ago, the Party made it to the town of Nulb without incident.  They got a glimpse of the town and decided to make camp outside to determine what to do with the slaves (a group of Brigands they had captured at the beginning of the last encounter who surrendered.).  The first motion was to simply kill them outright, the second was to sell them to an outbound caravan, the third was to simply march them back into town and sell them on the open market.  They chose the third.

So the party packed up all their gear and started on their way. 

Not so fast.  I had been waiting for such an opportunity.  They had not gone far down the road when they were blocked by what appeared to be two Death Knights, all in black armor with the standard glowing red  pairs of eyes peering from beneath their visors.

"Halt!"  They said in eerie unison.  "Elefus come forth!"

Without going into details, battle was joined.  While Huang, Honda and Gnomex came along, uninvited.  Honda and Gnomex failed their saving throws versus Power Word Stun, and was down for 3 and 4 round respectively.

While the battle was over withing those three rounds, and while the Death Knights were defeated, damage was taken.  One of the Knights scratched a word on the ground before dying, it said "Rahl".

For the record, Elefus had accumulated too much Fame and Honor.  There is a rule in HackMaster where characters under these circumstances "must" be challenged by a peer opponent at least once a week.  I had been remiss and so I doubled up on the opponents.  (They were two levels less than Elefus anyway.  Next time, it shall be a greater challenge.)

In the meantime Aerys flapped her wings and flew towards town to reconnoiter.  Bit the battle was over before she could get far.  But since he was ahead of them she crossed the river and landed at what appeared to be the first tavern.  She gleaned some personal information about various personages (that I won't get into) and went to the next bar.  Apparently she was bar hopping.

Whilst Aerys was getting drunk, the party marched into the bridge into town and asked directions for the slave market.  Making their way hither they entered and found it was simply called the "Market and Boatmen's Tavern".  (It wasn't just a slave market but apparently it also sold groceries and drinks.)

It was unusually full of customers Today.

Making their way down the slave aisle, the area had just sold it's last slave.  It was full of noise, bustle, and what all. 

However, as soon as their bound prisoners were pushed up to the auction block the crowd became suddenly silent.

There was a pregnant pause in the room.  You could almost hear the crickets.

Finally you could hear a titter.  A few seconds later a snicker, a snuffle and a snort.  Then the crowd burst out laughing.  Fingers were pointing.  "You'se guys were captured!"  "Should a'listened to Ma and stayed HOME!"  "Haw, haw, HAW!"

Embarassed, the captured brigand-slaves were sold forthwith. 

The leader went for 10 gold to the town undertaker.  (Complete with top hat and wing-tip collar.) 

The remaining went for 12 gold for the lot to the local pirate Captain Ned.  He just happened to be in town and bought the slaves to replace lost rowers for his galley.   He even gave them a pep talk:   "I'll teach you all the man's life at sea!  To show you a man's ports, such as Key West and San Fransisco!  Now, men, I run a mans' ship. I will run it in a manful and masculine way!  I will tolerate no men under my command who act in such a way so as to discredit their manhood and manliness! Do I make myself clear?"

The newly bought slaves nodded in affirmation and were led off by the rest of his crew to Ned's pirate galley:  "The Raging Queen."

(Thanks to an episode from Saturday Night Live in 1979 from where I paraphrased the last two paragraphs.)

++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++

BT

BBBB

++++ CHARACTER ROSTER ++++

PART 2.

CHARACTERS (New players on top.)
Jacko, an Albino Dork Elf, 3rd level Infiltrator (Creep).
Blake, a Human 1st level Infiltrator (a.k.a. Sneak).
Vixine Numar, a Human 1st level Chosen One (a.k.a. Touched)
Aerys, an Elvariel 3rd level Thief (Cutpurse).
Count Elefus, a Human Male Abbot
Sir Huang - a Master of the North Wind of the Stone Tiger Order, Baron of Catan
Dame Honda - a Human Datai Samurai, Steward of Catan (formerly Temple of the Frog)

NPCs:
Gnomex, A first level Altar Boy of Geardal Ironhand.
Gargoyle - Elefus's hench person (demoted from Sidekick)
Sum Dum Gai - Male 1st level Monk (a.k.a. Grasshopper)
Won Hung Lo - Male 1st level Monk (a.k.a. Grasshopper)
Bang Mi - Female 1st level Monk (a.k.a. Grasshopper)
Stin Ki Poo - Male 1st level Monk (a.k.a. Grasshopper)
No Tsmo King - Female 1st level Monk (a.k.a. Grasshopper)
JUST SOLD:  Six Slaves,disarmed first level Fighters (their former leader is a second level Fighter however).

MISSING or CAPTURED CHARACTERS (PCs or NPCs)
Numrendir - a Human Conjurist - Gone off to BlackMoor to check his Investment Account
Junkbot Jackson - a Human Tracker/Adept
Gerry Castagere, Human Fingersmith, and ever loving devotee of Elefus
Fundisha - a Half-Elf Swordsperson
Sir Weasel, Human Guild Soldier, Warlock, & Champion (he stayed back in BlackMoor)
- and nine Pilgrim henchmen of various levels. (They wear hoodies.)
Slade Wilson - Dwarven Professional (Left behind at Catan)

BT

BBBB

++++ RECORD KEEPING ++++

PART 3.

This is also posted on two forums, and a blog:

http://blackmoor.mystara.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=76
http://www.furiouslyeclectic.com/forum/f...php?fid=13
http://furiouslyeclectic.com/hackmoor/
Tracy Johnson

BT

NNNN