Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status
Yes. I was wondering the best time to alert people. Probably after Summer?
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
Okay, if I start going on a bender telling everyone about this place, what should we get done first? Are there some cosmetic changes needed, some forum rearrangement, new forums, lose some forums, anything...? Is there a niche we're missing?

Sorry guys, we were down for a couple days. I updated MyBB and poof, crashed. I had to repair the update. All good, no data lost that I can see. I do have regular backups in case I couldn't repair it.

Nice new digs Dwight!
--Ron--
Thanks dude.

One of the potential issues is people signing up for the main site instead of the forum. Unfortunately they're two separate logins. I can utilize the drupal forum instead of mybb for smoother integration and using one login for both however mybb offered some options that seemed good at the time.

I'd integrate this all with the drupal forum if there was a reasonably easy method to import mybb into it. It would stay the same url and user accounts would be controlled by the main site for blogging, commenting, and forum usage.

The other side is that this is pretty much dead. I miss you guys however I'm not completely sure what to do about it.

Miss you too Kersus. Not sure what to do though. I definitely keep peeking in here... if only to keep up on ə
but it's tough to get a forum started. I check semi-regularly on a lot of forums, but really only participate in 3 - one being the PbP forums I play at.
We should try and get the PbP going again, or maybe a board game -- sigh, even Diplomacy, even though I think it's evil! Smile
I'm just a social worker, but I still want to help!
--Ron--
That's just it, we're not really starting up, I think it's the twilight. I probably never should have tried to move the forum but I learned a lot in that endeavour.

What's starting up is the blog inspired by the original forum inspired by the mailing lists.

I'd hate to make OR start again with his content if I moved this to bridge directly with the main site for one login to the site and forum. The two logins confuse most people and it's too much trouble. Unfortunately there isn't an importer for this forum style to the site management tool. I still have the Vanilla forum database as well. We also have the original phpbb2 but it costs a fair amount of money to export.

Anyhow, you want in on the SCHWA PbP that's running? I can easily add you into the adventure. Just make two characters and I'll get back to the next scene!

(09-22-2014, 05:26 AM)rredmond Wrote: if only to keep up on ə

If I had a heartbeat I'd blush.
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
I am going to shift this forum url from /forum to /mybb. I'm looking for acknowledgement from the main users before I do it if possible.

I have my reasons and one is to play with the built in forum module in drupal and see if I can merge this together with it.

Also, anyone wanting to contribute to the collaborative blog at their own pace, please feel free!