Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ACT] ‘Ash vs Evil Dead': Lucy Lawless Reunites with Bruce Campbell on Starz
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/ash-vs-e...201449070/

[Image: lucy-lawless-ash-vs-evil-dead.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1]

“Spartacus” alum Lucy Lawless is returning to Starz for a role on “Ash vs Evil Dead,” the “Evil Dead” spinoff series that stars her “Xena: Warrior Princess” co-star Bruce Campbell.

Lawless will play Ruby, a mysterious figure who is myopic in her quest to hunt down the source of the recent Evil outbreaks. The only problem: She believes that Ash (Campbell) is the cause of it all. Lawless’ casting also reunites her with executive producers Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert, with whom she worked on “Xena” and “Spartacus,” as well as their feature films including Raimi’s “Spider-Man” and Tapert’s “Boogeyman.”
Lawless joins previously announced cast members Ray Santiago (Pablo Simon Bolivar), Dana DeLorenzo (Kelly Maxwell) and Jill Marie Jones (Amanda Fisher).
The series will consist of 10 half-hour episodes. Bruce Campbell will be reprising his role as Ash, the stock boy, aging Lothario and chainsaw-handed monster hunter who has spent the last 30 years avoiding responsibility, maturity and the terrors of the Evil Dead. When a Deadite plague threatens to destroy all of mankind, Ash is finally forced to face his demons — personal and literal. Destiny, it turns out, has no plans to release the unlikely hero from its “Evil” grip.
Raimi will direct the first episode of “Ash vs Evil Dead,” which he wrote with Ivan Raimi (“Darkman,” “Army of Darkness”), Craig DiGregorio (“Workaholics,” “Chuck”) and Tom Spezialy (“Chuck,” “Reaper”). Raimi will also serve as executive producer, along with Tapert, Campbell and DiGregorio, who will serve as showrunner. Ivan Raimi will co-executive produce and Aaron Lam (“Spartacus”) will serve as producer.
Lawless can next be seen in a recurring role on season two of WGN America’s “Salem.”
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
I'm in.  Even Campbell's worst are usually good enough for chuckles.   Smile
Indeed! I'm looking forward to seeing My Name is Bruce again. I even liked him in Serving Sara.

Bubba Hotep
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
I have Bubba on VHS somewhere. It was certainly interesting.

Lucy Lawless is pretty good in Spartacus.

Just finished Ash vs. Evil Dead seasons 1 and 2. Starz had a free weekend a couple months back and a AvED marathon, which I recorded. As far as I'm concerned, Bruce Campbell may not be considered an A Lister but he's an A- in my book, B+ at worst.

I bring this up to relate an anecdote and to resurrect a zombie thread, which seems appropriate.

~30 years ago, back in the late '80s, Doug, my roommate, came in with a couple tapes from the video rental place. This was back in the days before Hulu, before RedBox, before Netflix mailed DVDs, before Blockbuster was everywhere. Even before "Be Kind; Rewind" became common. So I take a look at what he rented. Something I don't remember and Evil Dead 2. "Evil Dead 2?" "I like scary movies," he says defensively. (Yes, within an anecdote that statement is an example of dramatic irony.) Now, I don't have a problem with horror movies in general, but understand that horror movies in the eighties were, with a few exceptions, just bad, focusing more on the gore than on, well, anything that makes a movie not suck like characterization, plot, production values, talent.... But I didn't have anything better to do so in goes Evil Dead 2.

The scene: Me slouching in a chair, looking forward to 90 minutes of tedium. Doug eagerly leaning forward in his, ready for the scary.

The movie: Pure Sam Raimi-directed Bruce Campbell camp complete with possessed hand slapping himself in the face.

The twist: Me getting more and more interested, slowly sitting up then leaning forward. Him increasingly disappointed turning toward angry such that when Ash cranks up the chainsaw ("Groovy"), he gets up and leaves.

And that was my introduction to Bruce Campbell. Unfortunately, I didn't reconnect with him until The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.
(05-15-2015, 01:20 AM)Kersus Wrote: Lucy Lawless is pretty good in Spartacus.

Yep. She really showed her talent in that one.
And by talent, I mean boobies.